All prices are in GBP and include worldwide postage, packaging and any applicable UK VAT. Customers outside the UK may be liable to pay additional import duties and other taxes imposed by their country.
The PUMA Foundation Scope
This is a complete starter pack for PUMA microscopy. It includes the following items (only):
- PUMA stage, manual focus (no motor)
- Monocular tube and simple filter block with two empty filter trays and a protective eyepiece cap.
- Metal RMS objective thread mount
- PUMA mirror illuminator (no condenser, no electric lamp)
- Short legs system
- Two steel stage clips to hold a standard microscope slide
- One test slide (stained plant tissue).
- One high quality x10 eyepiece (20 mm field of view, high eye relief, suitable for spectacle wearers)
- One high quality Plan Achromat RMS objective lens x4 magnification. (No other objectives supplied)
- A printed user manual (also available as a PDF download here)
PUMA Carrying Case
A light-weight (only 138 g) flexible polyester rain and splash-resistant carrying case suitable to transport a field-stripped PUMA Foundation scope as well as a host of additional accessories and upgrades as described below.
- See this YouTube video demonstration
- Dimensions 13 x 15 x 25 cm, 138 g; Colour: Black
- In addition to the main cavity there is one external and one internal zipped accessory compartments.
- The carry case is lightly padded (suitable for hand carriage but not recommended to use as a sole protector for transport by post or other non-supervised means).
- The case can accommodate the basic foundation scope as well as the following upgrades:
- Epi-illumination (polarising and non-polarising)
- Trans-polarisation with powered illumination (using the PUMA Lite controller)
- Long legs system (required for condenser and trans-polarising upgrades)
- Binocular head
- Advanced filter block (this is a prerequisite for any of the epi-illumination modules described above)
- XY Mechanical slide holder with Vernier scale.
- ALL the above upgrades will fit into the same bag simultaneously together with the basic foundation scope so you can switch between those configurations anywhere you take them.
- However, a single transport case will NOT accommodate any configuration that uses the PUMA Control Console. This includes anything with a motorised Z stage and anything which requires TFT control like the PUMA AR projector or the SLM. The full Kohler illuminator may be accommodated in this small transport case if it is powered by the PUMA Lite controller but may not fit together with all the upgrades described above simultaneously.